See video tutorial here.
Before the Adventure Run!
- Download Race Joy. Find the free app in your app's store, and download to Apple or Android phones, iPads, or Tablets.
- Find Your Race. On January 14th at 6pm, choose Featured Races and search for Canadian Winter Revenge.
- Select Who You Are. If you are a participant - even if you plan to also be a spectator/crew - choose Participant. Only choose spectator if you are not planning to run.
- Set Up Your Personal Profile. Spectators, make sure the email you provide is one you regularly use.
- Add Participants. Participants and spectators can add up to 50 other participants to follow.
- Click the participant icon on the top-right corner of the screen, or click the My Participants button on the menu bar.
- Search for the participant by name and add them to your list. You will then automatically receive alerts when they are on course.
- You will not be able to add a participant until they have downloaded the app and created their profile.
During the Adventure Run!
Making Your Battery Last.
Race Joy uses very little battery and can last anywhere from 8 to 18 hours of live tracking. To make sure it lasts, do the following:
- Make sure that your phone is updated to the most recent system software. If you've been ignoring your phone's prompts, now is the time to take care of that. Not updating your phone may affect your user experience.
- Close all other apps on your phone.
- Carry a battery pack if you're running the Ultra distance and are concerned about battery life.
- Keep your phone warm! Put it either against skin or place a hand warmer on the back of the phone.